Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, July 13, 2007
 
National pride

A few days ago (1 July), I suggested that the recent (unsuccessful) car bombs in London and the attack on Glasgow airport were manifestations of rage at the English smoking ban. I have another observation, courtesy of a friend’s text message. I’ve added my own embellishments:
A group of foreign doctors, working in the UK, has achieved the following: two failed car bombs, a burnt out Cherokee, one broken leg, the Smeaton effect, and no deaths.

On the other hand, one British GP (Harold Shipman), working quietly away, has this to his ‘credit’: at least 240 dead.

It makes me proud to be British!
I wonder if we could make a serious contribution to ‘honour’ killing, too. Come on Brits, atheists especially, get killing!

And while we’re on the subject of balance sheets, I’m working on one about the Iraq war. No prizes for guessing the answer in advance but I’ve found some very interesting stuff. It’ll take me a few days to get it together, though.


Comments: Post a Comment