Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, August 15, 2004
 
Karol Wojtyla goes to Lourdes


I see from newspaper and TV reports that my esteemed friend Karol Wojtyla is currently making a pilgrimage to Lourdes (and that doesn’t mean to Madonna’s daughter). I refer, of course, to the holy shrine of Lourdes, France.

I have often had cause to rebuke the silly man for not being of the One True Faith but there are indications that I may soon have to reconsider my position on his grey eminence. Stories that, after his visit, he will be accepted as a late entry in the Olympic Marathon, run over the original distance, are probably slightly exaggerated. However, it is pretty likely that we will be seeing his Parkinson’s disease completely cured. Obviously, this depends on the waters of the shrine being ruffled by the wind at the appropriate time. Just wait for the pictures of the old darling dancing a celebratory Polka, shortly.


Comments: Post a Comment