Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, August 05, 2002
 
A present for Her Maj.

There is currently an exhibition in London of gifts given to the Queen.

I read, a few days ago, that a daily newspaper was asking that readers should let them know what gifts they personally would give to the Queen. My nomination would be tickets to a lecture on taxes, redistribution, and the hereditary principle.

I am put in mind of a cartoon I saw once, based on one of Phil’s famous utterances:

‘Our children have all done pretty well’; he says.
‘Yes, they’ve all become princes or princesses’, Brenda amplifies.


I would rather have been asked what I would give them to eat. How about spaghetti, a very messy sauce, and chopsticks?




Comments: Post a Comment