Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, December 11, 2003
 
A few comments...

I had an interesting trip to Canberra, a city not nearly as bad as the cynical Bill Bryson would have us believe. I used the opportunity to do a bit of research into possible PhD courses for next year while the jolly old zimmer frame had a decoke (that's 'coke' as in carbon - OK?). Perhaps it was because most of my time was spent on the ANU campus that I thought the place delightful. Contrary to nasty suggestions, 'academic' is not a universal term of abuse. Reports on aspects of the journey, a visit to parliament and some thoughts on the Oz Constitution follow when I can bring myself to stop being as laid back as a steamrollered limbo dancer...


Comments: Post a Comment