Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, October 08, 2003
 
The conference season

Here at Bagshot Mansion, we had our first serious rain for many months yesterday. It has been such a long time since my water butts were full and soon they were overflowing. When the rain stopped, I took my goldfish out of the garden pond and put them in one of the barrels so that I could give the pond a good clean. It started to rain again so I had to come indoors for a while.

Having made some caustic comments about Labore's party conference last week, I thought it only appropriate to offer you some similar, carefully thought out comments about the Conservatives' meeting in Blackpool this week. I was about to start when I was side-tracked by the following joke on 'Quote Unquote':
Q: How do you give readers of the 'Daily Mail' a nervous breakdown?

A: Tell then that asylum seekers are the natural predatory enemies of paedophiles.
When I had finished laughing, I decided to get back to something challenging. Commenting snidely on the Conservative party conference, you might think.

No; wrong! I wanted something more challenging than that: I went outside and shot the fish in the barrel.



Comments: Post a Comment