Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, July 25, 2003
 
Blogging mistakes

Being one's own proofreader is never very satisfactory. Too often, with my failing eyesight, I don't notice the silliest typo. I therefore live in constant dread of typing George W. Bush instead of US Hebrew Gog.

Often, when I read back through Josh's stuff from ages ago, I cringe at some of the mistakes. I correct them where I can. Sometimes, I make minor changes so that things read a bit better but I never make a change without an 'Oops!' note when I have got things spectacularly wrong.

I feel for the perpetrators [Perpetrators - that's a bit strong, isn't it? - Ed.] of blogs who've made errors that any run-of-the-mill subeditor would have corrected. Fortunately, these interesting but slightly tarnished/blemished contributions are distinguishable from the badly spelt diaries that one comes across from time to time. Correcting the spelling in such trivial cases would still leave a pretty dire product.

What's that you say, Mrs T? If you polish a turd it's still a turd? I'm not sure how to take that.


Comments: Post a Comment