Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, April 21, 2003
 
They never learn...

I understand from the BBC radio news that Jay Garner, the US's administrator in Iraq, has his headquarters (or some such administrative facility) on the second floor of one of Saddam's palaces in Baghdad.

Short of annexing a mosque, I cannot think of a worse place to choose.

No matter how convenient, this choice of venue is distinctly idiotic. If I heard correctly (and I have been unable to get any confirmation of this story) this would be a decision obviously guaranteed to get up the noses of the local population. In any situation requiring sensitivity, the US inevitably behaves arbitrarily and unthinkingly and I ask the usual rhetorical question: 'Will these fucking American's never learn anything?'


Comments: Post a Comment