Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, April 05, 2003
 
Sick visiting

Yesterday, while engrossed in an activity which precluded blogging (OK, I had just embarked on a pilgrimage from Bagshot to Canterbury on my knees), I heard a news item that, were I less intent on my penance, would have sent me scurrying to my personal set of transcribers. It had just been announced that George W. Bush was to visit Northern Ireland.

Now, I know that many of the people in Northern Ireland are particularly truculent and troublesome. They epitomise the closed mind par excellence. It's all to do with thinking that they each have unique access to religious certainty. Since neither group represents The True Faith, I can say with my absolute certainty that they are completely mistaken.

It may be that they are truculent, troublesome and thoroughly misguided but such shortcomings surely do not condemn then to a visit from the arch WMD himself, the US Hebrew Gog (anag.).


Comments: Post a Comment