Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, March 29, 2003
 
The religious question

While I am in such an expansive mood, answering the most penetrating questions honestly, I thought I would continue with my new-found frankness for another day or two. I am therefore recycling a revealing blog from early November, not because I am lazy but knowing these intimate things about me will make it easier for you to appreciate my carefully thought out comments on other, more mundane, matters.
I came across this questionnaire a few days ago. I thought that Mrs Trellis would find my answers instructive. It may be that my views on religion have attained wide circulation, their tenets being identical to that of The True Faith, but here are my answers, nevertheless:
1. Were you raised in a particular religious faith?
Aye, that I was, lass.

2. Do you still practice that faith? Why or why not?
I do not. I long ago saw the light and become a believer in The True Faith.

3.What do you think happens after death?
You get cremated and your kids get all your money.

4. What is your favourite religious ritual (participating in or just observing)?
(i) Watching people get cremated and getting all their money.
(ii) Listening to well-played Bach organ works and
(iii) Listening to Bach or Mozart's religious choral works in a secular setting.


5. Do you believe people are basically good?
Everyone is totally evil, except me.
There, that wasn't painful, was it? Now you know all about me and my beliefs...
I do hope that this brings to all my reader (sic) a new and deeper understanding of my truly spiritual nature.


Comments: Post a Comment