Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, February 03, 2003
 
Play upon play upon play...

Last week, I went to see Alan Ayckbourn's 61st (sic) play. It's called Snake in the Grass. I almost enjoyed it but I was aware that it required me to suspend my disbelief in ways that I find very difficult. In The X-files, for example.

The play had its moments: the body down the well and its consequences, but it was far from riveting. I guess it'll be on in London soon. While there are worse things to see, I think that our Scarborough chum should have retired with honour at 60. The current offering is fairly transparent - there are no new devices that I could discern - and I had great difficulty in staying awake. No; I had not partaken of any pre-theatre provender or liquid refreshment.

Jet lag? Perhaps, but there is a simpler explanation:..boring. Alan, you've got to be more engaging if you don't want nastier notices for 62. Of course, you could always stop now...


Comments: Post a Comment