Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, November 26, 2002
 
Australia

I have arrived safely down under. Marty managed to land the Blackbird at Warrington Airport, Lancashire and pick me up from there after my 'witchcraft' experiences, of which more, shortly. We flew alone and peacefully, landing in Melbourne a day or so ago. In a way, it's a shame that I do not fancy him much; otherwise we could have joined the ten-mile-high club. That puts all the low life five milers into perspective, doesn't it?

Australia never fails to enchant me. After the immigration people had mandatorily sprayed the cabin with insecticide (I hate to think what that will be doing to the delicate electronics of the SR71) and the third, but oh so polite, degree going through customs, everything is lovely except for the weather. It has hardly stopped raining and I have had to buy a $2 umbrella.

I have so much to tell you, but there are arrangements to make and technological limitations to be overcome, first. I do not know how often I shall be able to get on line. Still, this is a beginning, n'est ce pas?


Comments: Post a Comment