Josh's joshings     'The buck starts here'  Josh

"The finest and most perceptive blog in the entire Universe" - Jayson (not Tony) Blair


Email me *



How easy is it to recognise irony.
A. Pedant



Big boys (& girls)


British Journalism Review*
The Guardian*
Melbourne Age*




Worth a look


Charlie's Diary*
The Feral Eye*
Green fairy*
I live on your visits*
Jak - Vancouver*
Junius*
Quantum Tea*
Reflections in D minor*




Drabness is a state of mind
A. Pedant

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, August 02, 2002
 
Gardening, blogging and a moral...

Every time I start blogging, I immediately wonder if I should be doing this. (In depth discussion to follow at a later date.) Yesterday, in my tightly ordered and highly disciplined way [disorganised chaos, Ed.], I had two things to do and one other that I quite wanted to do. These are the three, neither in chronological order nor in order of importance: do some gardening, go to a meeting at 4.00 p.m. and do a bit more blogging and testing.

In the morning, I went out into the garden to do about an hour's gardening. After what seemed like an hour, when I was getting worn out, I thought 'That's it', and looked at my watch. I had been gardening for exactly nineteen minutes

At about ten past three in the afternoon, I thought I would do half an hour's blogging and then go to my 4.00 p.m. meeting. Easy. I got a bit engrossed in the linking business but I made a successful post and thought 'That will do for the moment'. Then I looked at the clock. It showed half past three. 'Gosh, I did that quickly', I said to myself. Then I looked again. The clock was showing four thirty.

There's a moral here, somewhere. I suggest the following:


If you want your life to go slowly, do gardening; if you want it to go quickly, use your computer.




Comments: Post a Comment